Cloud Architect (Azure specialist)
Seeking a cloud architect, specialised in Azure, to help deliver expert services around all things continuous, cloud and devops to our customers
Published on Wed Mar 30 2022
We’re an experienced crew of DevOps and Cloud professionals dedicated to helping our customers with Continuous practices and Cloud adoption. We’re not your typical consultancy house! When it comes to our consulting, we always put the customer’s interests first and use open source products as much as possible. We’re also a HashiCorp partner and regularly use their products to solve customer challenges. We’re looking for the next person to join us, who shares our values of being open, honest and providing no bulls**t consulting to our customers! Find out more about us here.
The role of a Cloud Architect at Verifa is mainly a technical one, providing services and advice to our customers.
Most of our projects involve public cloud providers (GCP, AWS, Azure) and our role is often to help our customers introduce more modern approaches to maintaining infrastructure and deploying applications. The nature of this work varies from project to project. Sometimes our role is to migrate on-premise environments into more modern and cloud-native approaches in the cloud. In other projects we boost ongoing activities.
You’re expected to have a strong foundation in Linux, VMs, Containers, Orchestrators and Networking. You should be familiar with DevOps-style practices (such as CI, Infrastructure as Code, Test Automation, Monitoring). We don’t expect you to know everything, because nobody does, but we expect you to be able to learn, develop yourself and deliver to the best of your ability.
We expect that you will work independently and interact directly with our customers, and be able to effectively present your work, and any research or planning that you have done.
- Solid understanding and experience of Linux fundamentals
- Solid understanding and experience of Networking fundamentals
- Ability to develop scripts and understand code with at least one major language (e.g. Python, Golang, C, Java, etc.)
- Experience with Azure
- Experience with infrastructure or configuration automation through tools like Terraform and Ansible
- Experience with VM and container technologies
- Understand the need for orchestrators and have experience with at least one (e.g. Kubernetes, Nomad or Docker Swarm)
- Understanding of CI processes and its value
- Practical experience with high-availability environments
- Practical experience with monitoring applications and developing dashboards (e.g. Prometheus and Grafana)
- Practical experience with regulated environments, such as Finance, Automotive or Medical
- Team Lead, Project Management or other similar experience
The list of technologies depends on the customer project. Hence, what we have tried to do is summarise the common technologies that we come across. It is not expected that you will know all of these, and it should not be expected that you get to work with all of these at any one time.
- Infrastructure/Config as Code: Terraform, Ansible
- Orchestrators: Kubernetes, Nomad
- CI/CD: Jenkins, GitLab CI, FluxCD
- Cloud Providers: AWS, Azure, GCP, VMWare
We aim to provide our customers not only with individual consultants but with the combined knowledge of Verifa. Teamwork is a crucial part of our customer’s success, where we share problems and ideas internally as much as possible. This fosters a great opportunity to learn and discover technologies that you might not be directly working with. As such, we expect you to work well with our other consultants and be happy to help support colleagues on other projects with the expectation that someone will return the favour to you.
We’re a small company and as such, you’ll have the opportunity to influence how the company operates, choose the projects you work on, and the tech that you work with. As well as developing your technical chops, there’s also an opportunity to develop other skills, such as blog writing, public speaking, getting involved with pre-sales activities, or steering on-going marketing activities.
We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about all things cloud and continuous, and want to learn new things, you’ll fit right in.
‘I feel like I’ve found my professional home in Verifa. A place where professionals are treated with respect and have a say in their own work and the company itself.’
- Lauri Suomalainen, Cloud Architect.
- Salary range is €5,000 - €6,500 per month
- Full-time, 37.5 hours per week (flexible)
- Our office is in Helsinki, sometimes we work there, sometimes elsewhere
- English proficiency is required for this role, Finnish is not expected
- We operate an open salary policy
- VeriFriday: 20% of working time dedicated to upskilling
- VeriConf: our annual company get together
- Join or establish your own side/hobby project
- Regular knowledge sharing sessions and after work activities
- Comprehensive occupational health care
- Sports and Culture benefit
- Lunch vouchers
- Tools you need (laptop, phone, etc.)
Please send us your application and CV. If we think there’s a good potential match we’ll schedule a 15-30 minute discovery call to get to know each other a bit better.